The following behaviors are expected and requested of all attendees:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- Be respectful and considerate in your speech and actions.
- Engage in civil discourse when interacting with individuals.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow attendees. Alert the event organizer(s) if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that community event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations. These locations may also have a code of conduct. This code of conduct is meant to complement the venue code of conduct and you are expected to follow the rules outlined in both.
The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact. You should have someone’s consent before touching them.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcomed sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, cyberstalking, cyberbullying, stalking, or following (online or offline).
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior:
Unacceptable behavior from any community member (online or offline), including sponsors and those with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the organizer(s) may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community without warning (and without refund in the case of a paid event).
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify an organizer(s) as soon as possible. Additionally, organizers are available to help community members engage with local law enforcement or to otherwise help those experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe. In the context of in-person events, organizers will also provide escorts as desired by the person experiencing distress.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this code of conduct, you should notify a member of Quorum with a concise description of your grievance. Your grievance will be handled in accordance with our existing governing policies.
We expect all individuals to abide by this code of conduct in all community venues – online and offline – as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to community business. This code of conduct and its related procedures also applies to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of community activities when such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact any admin, event host or hosts, or organizer directly.